Friday, October 21, 2011

Guten Mogen, Guten Tag.

Germany. Besides Canada and Mexico I had never been outside of the states until I went to Germany the summer of 2007. I was elated, not only to be going to another country, but to see my family.


Germany is beautiful, historic, reminds me of the Big Sky, and is amazing. The only thing I don't like about Germany is some of the food (bratwurst, ick!). 


Things I love:


Castle down the street.
  • There is a castle in pretty much every village.
  • The Cathedrals and churches are BEAUTIFUL.
  • Mountains.
  • The cars.
  • Cute little villages.
  • Houses have blinds on the outside of the windows, when you pull them down the room you are in goes from day to night.
Things I'm not too fond of:


First Bratwurst, not too impressed
  • Some of the food.
  • There are two or three (I may be wrong) different versions of the German language.
  • The narrow roads in the cute villages.
  • Staus.




 Traveling to The Neuschwanstein Castle is an absolute must, in case you didn't know, it is the very castle that Disney fashioned their Magic Kingdom castle after. The views of the mountains and smaller castle down the hill are absolutely stunning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment