Monday, November 21, 2011

'Tis the Season...

It is almost Thanksgiving, in certain parts of the States it is way past "leaf changing season" and well into "holy hell all this white was NOT in the forecast for today season". Black Friday is upon us and our neighbors have had their Christmas lights up since November 1st (such a sad thing to see). Let the holiday parties begin, and with the holiday parties come many, and I mean MANY LBD's. Most of them have been in hibernation since last years' festivities, some of them are new, but one thing I do know is that I, myself, am a little over the LBD's. Don't get me wrong, the Little Black Dress is a timeless classic, but I think that it is about time for us to start shaking things up a bit. I am really excited that, while magazines are still showcasing the LBD and showing new ways to update the timeless dress, they are also including new outfits that could become the new holiday classics. Some of my personal favorite alternatives to the LBD include:


You can find these dresses at







The Cream Colored Dresses.
 Not too flashy if you're not that daring, 
but just head turning enough to get you the attention you deserve, 
not to mention the sparkles are just ON.











This dress is available from.








The always beautiful Red Dress.
For the more daring woman out there.
This one is guaranteed to get you noticed,
whether that is what you are going for or not.












Credit goes to Vestique.com,
but I cannot find it on there.






 I can honestly say that I have never been a big fan of brown, but this dress is just perfect. I love the sweetheart bodice, the bow in front, and even the fabric. If you're feeling daring enough, paring it with brightly colored tights could take this dress up a notch or two.


Last but not least comes the navy dress, a close color to black, but just different enough to not be thrown into the LBD color. I love a lot of the dresses that come from Modcloth.com, but this one is by far one of my favorites. 



As the holiday season approaches I ask you to say 'no' to the LBD and 'yes' to many other beautiful dresses that deserve just as much attention around the holidays.





As always: May your daydreams be full of adventures and happy thoughts.


2 comments:

  1. Love this post!! Almost makes me want to go out and buy a dress, almost!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Ben and I are starting a fashion blog next year after we get back from break :). If I can convince you to almost buy a dress I can convince anyone.

    ReplyDelete