Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wacky (Obsessed) Wednesday

When I first started Wacky (Obsessed) Wednesday I thought I would just talk about a song or two that I could not stop listening to, that is until I realized how much I love The Dear Hunter's album The Color Spectrum. The album is comprised of 9 EP's, each with it's own color, each color carrying a different tone (black being dark and heavy, yellow light and...bubblyish). 


I was first introduced to The Dear Hunter by a good friend of mine, I was hesitant at first, while I liked a few of the tracks I was not fully invested in the band. It came time to see them live and let me tell you, this band KICKS. I haven't been to too many concerts in my day, but for someone who didn't listen to rock/alternative on a daily basis - I'm more of an indie girl - I had officially been turned. I have never been to a show in which I could feel the music and tell that every single person in the room was feeling what I was, the experience was unforgettable. It is rare for me to enjoy every song on an album, but I'll be damned if The Dear Hunter hasn't done an amazing job at roping me in and keeping me hanging on their every word and note.  This band makes it so easy to get into their music, you can't help but to nod your head or play a massive amount of air guitar/drums all while screaming your lungs out to the lyrics.


While it is hard for me to choose just one song as my favorite, I do have one from each EP that I particularly love to blast more than the others.


*Just a disclaimer, I had a hard time writing comments on some of these songs because they're almost too good for words*


Never Forgive Never Forget - EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC!!! Just everything.

We've Got a Score to Settle - Lead singer Casey Crescenzo does an amazing job at battling the instrumentals with his voice. The repeat of "Someone's got blood on their hands" in which the rest of the band is featured is just all too perfect!


A Sea of Solid Earth - I just really think his voice and this song are really sexy.


She's Always Singing -  A fun song overall. Really enjoy the lyrics, "Every other lover in this city has got a song to sing, but none of them ring, none of them ring in my ear." BahBahBahBahBah...


The Inheritance - Enjoy the folksy vibe behind this song, especially the harmonica. Nice, chilled out song. 


What You Said - Once again, the super chill vibe gets me. Kinda gives off a '50s vibe to me. I can see paper mache, pouffy pastel colored dresses, and pearls. 


Progress - I love the electric vibe on this song and how the lyrics seem to move with the beat, but not in an annoying way. This one really reminds me of some songs from the '90s, loving the nostalgia factor on this one.


Lillian - Just every thing, absolutely everything about this song is perfect. The build up to the chorus that's louder than the rest of the track, the lyrics, the instrumentals, just everything. Absolutely perfect!! My favorite song out of all of the EP's. I'm not sure why, I just get really into this one.


Home - I appreciate everything that the lyrics convey. No matter how alone you may feel, you never are truly alone. The back and forth part is really great. Another song to turn up until the rest of the world disappears. I think I feel so strongly about this song because I know what it feels like to feel so alone in a new place.








Hope you liked this edition of Wacky Wednesday! Be sure to check out The Dear Hunter's other album. I am fortunate enough to get to see them within the next few weeks here and CANNOT wait!!








May your daydreams be full of adventures and happy thoughts.







No comments:

Post a Comment