Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Trailer Tuesday

I am back and have loads to discuss in the way of new trailers that have come out. Also: I know that I do not show the trailers on my page, but (generally speaking) if you click the movie title or word that is a different color from the rest of my blog, it will take you directly to the trailer page so all you have to do is sit back and enjoy.


  
Thank you NBC, ABC, and the film industry for bringing back those nostalgic memories of yesteryear that the new Disney movies are just not cut out to do. With shows like ABC's Once Upon a Time and NBC's Grimm adults have received a different look at the fairytales we loved and thought we knew so well. Enter: Show White & The Huntsman and Mirror Mirror


Charlize Theron is absolutely perfect for this role, she's gorgeous enough to pull it off with a vindictive look in her eye and tone in her voice that almost makes you believe she is the actress the original, now I am talking 1937 original, queen is based on. (Yes, I know, that's impossible, but do we really know that time travel doesn't exist and of course if it did movie writers from Disney would be the first to have a time machine their possession, kinda makes sense if you really think about it). I absolutely love the way she says "Mirror mirror on the wall..", and that mirror - the art direction, costume design, and visual effects in this movie are bound to at least get an Oscar nod, if not take one home. With all this fabulousness there is bound to be one flaw: enter Kirsten Stewart the mouth-breathing, teen scream inducing, single downfall of a film if there ever was one, Kirsten Stewart in the flesh. That being said, this movie's awesomeness level dropped about 15 points.


Mirror Mirror on the wall, who is fairest of them all? Not this one from the looks of it. I feel like Tarsem Singh is going to do to Snow White what Tommy O'Haver did to Ella Enchanted and that is: ruin the crap out of it. I have never seen her act, but I would much rather prefer Lily Collins in Snow White & the Huntsman over K.Stew. While a trailer is only a cover to an untold, and possibly good, story, I see little in how it could improve. Mirror Mirror appears to be the toned down, young adult version of what Snow White and The Huntsman is. It is not entirely fair of me to compare the two since they have two different takes on the story we once knew, I am still uncertain on how both will end up, and wish the best of luck to both at the box office. BTW: that girl has some great eyebrows!!


Last but certainly not least, Men In Black III it seems like we have been waiting eons upon eons for this trailer and here it is. While it was hard to tell what direction they were going in after Men In Black II (although maybe it was not, it has been quite some time since I have seen that one) I did not expect time travel, but then again, how could I not in a world where almost more aliens inhabit New York than actual native New Yorkers. Being a fan and having semi-grown up with the movie and cartoon, yes there was a cartoon and yes it was awesome to wake up to on a Saturday morning with a s'more pop tart, I am interested in seeing how they end this franchise. Not gonna lie, while I have never really been a fan of Josh Brolin, always been a side actor I never really took much notice to, there is a certain appeal that he carries with his younger interpretation of Agent K.


Looks like we might actually have a few blockbusters coming out next summer. Excited to discuss many more trailers next week. Until next time: 
May your daydreams be full of adventures and happy thoughts.



1 comment:

  1. I miss you showing me all the trailers you find!!

    ReplyDelete