Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wacky (Obsessed) Wednesday

Click here to visit their website.
It has been December for about two weeks now, which means it is officially socially acceptable for me to be listening to She & Him's Christmas album A Very She & Him Christmas - even if I did start listening to it in November - and I must say that this is by far one of my favorite Christmas albums EVER. With Zooey Deschanel's enchanting voice and M. Ward's delectable guitar playing, She & Him successfully tackle the old Christmas standards we love so much without totally and completely butchering each one with the annoying auto-tuned vocal runs and over produced tracks we have [unfortunately] come to expect when Christmas time rolls around. The album starts and ends with two of my favorite Christmas songs: "The Christmas Waltz" and "The Christmas Song". Everything in-between those tracks is sublime. She & Him's version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (another favorite of mine, anyone else seeing a pattern?) brings a smile to my face much like Judy Garland's version does every time I hear it. The duo's unexpected change to the classic "Baby, It's Cold Outside", in which She is talking Him into staying over instead of leaving is a welcomed revision. Since I am leaving in five count it FIVE days for home, "I'll Be Home for Christmas" has and will be my mantra until I am finally home, it was also the perfect ending song for this week's episode of New Girl. I sincerely hope everyone enjoys this album as much as I have. As always:


May your daydreams be full of adventures and happy thoughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment