Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wacky Wednesday

Happy Hump Day! Another tradition that I am starting - mostly to keep me motivated - is Wacky (obsessed) Wednesday. Wacky Wednesday was one of my favorite books by Dr. Seuss, but these posts will mostly be about songs that I just cannot stop listening to. 


"It's like you're screaming and no one can hear. You almost feel ashamed that someone could be that important, that without them you feel like nothing. No one will ever understand how much it hurts. You feel hopeless, like nothing can save you. And when it's over and it's gone, you almost wish that you could have all that bad stuff back, so that you could have the good."


First of all, love that it opens with that, the accent just adds to the heartbreak that the words convey. I have talked to quite a few people who are not crazy about the video, explaining that it takes away from the song, but I think that that video fits the song perfectly. They found love, the honeymoon stage was in full swing, then the beat drops and the real chaos begins. The way that you can get wrapped up in this song; the beat, the lyrics, her voice, depicts how people get wrapped up in love, in this case Rihanna and her Chris Brown look-a-like. The thing that really connects me (and I think people that actually like it) to this video is the fact that I/we've been in (or have known someone that has) a relationship like this , maybe not as crazy, but in too deep to get out until you finally hit your breaking point. The connection made with this video is what makes it so heartbreakingly beautiful. 





No comments:

Post a Comment